Testosterone Therapy: All You Need To Know
Testosterone is a sex hormone that is present in both men and women. Testosterone is responsible for your libido i.e. your sexual drive. Now, low testosterone, also known as hypogonadism, causes many problems and the most prominent of them is erectile dysfunction. Which is a huge issue for men, not just biological, but also confidence and self esteem related.
What is Testosterone Therapy?
Testosterone therapy is an option to replace testosterone. You should have a proper, in depth discussion with your doctor before opting for this. It is not a decision that has to be taken lightly. Now, testosterone therapy has been proven effective mostly, so it is a valid option.
· Testosterone therapy helps in increasing the levels of testosterone to the normal levels, between 300 and 1,000 nanograms per decilitre. Yep, that's a huge mouthful of a technical term!
· There are many options of administering the testosterone - Skin gel, shots (yikes!), pellets, patches and pills.
· The most common way is the use of skin gel. Now this gel isn't just applied anywhere and everywhere. It is applied usually on the shoulder, upper arms.
· Now use testosterone for medical reasons, not for vanity, such as better sex, improving your looks, athletic performance and others. Seriously, this is not some beauty treatment!
Possible Side Effects of Testosterone therapy
Before plunging into taking testosterone therapy, please be aware of the possible side effects. Your doctor will discuss them with you for sure, but do listen properly because the possible side effects aren't something that can be ignored lightly. So, have all the information before taking this step.
1. Acne and oily skin.
2. Swelling of breasts.
4. Decreased sperm count.
5. Higher risk of prostate cancer.
6. Mood swings.
7. Decrease in size of testicles.
8. Increase in the count of red blood cells.
So, as you can see, testosterone therapy is a serious medical treatment. Do not, absolutely do not use this for narcissist reasons. Also, follow your doctor's instructions exactly! Ask questions, clear your doubts and be absolutely sure!
Best of luck and hope your testosterone problems are solved.